* Provides an in-depth understanding of the Industry’s operations and its strategic importance in the Nigerian economy.
* The report contains the market structure of the Industry as well as the key Industry operators.
* It analyses factors affecting demand and supply of broadband services in Nigeria.
* Provides a geographical analysis of internet penetration in Nigeria by state.
* Our report analyses business strategies of key Industry players and how successful these strategies have been over the years.
* The report provides an understanding of the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats of the Industry (SWOT analysis).
* An understanding of the regulatory and policy framework of the Industry and how it affects performance.
* The report also provides an estimate of the Industry size by revenue and number of players.
Questions the Report Answers
* Our report answers questions such as:
* Who are the major players in the data market?
Telecommunications (Data) Industry Report
Overview of the Report
Agusto & Co 2017 Telecommunications Industry report focuses on the internet/data market in Nigeria. The data market represents about 15% of the Industry’s total revenue, and is dominated by the four largest Mobile Network Operators (MTN Nigeria Limited, Airtel Networks Limited, Globacom Network Limited and Etisalat Communications Limited). With over 93 million internet subscribers, translating to a penetration ratio of about 53%, the Nigerian data market presents huge opportunities for growth and expansion in the near term. The opportunities are glaring when we assess the performance of Sub-Saharan countries like Kenya (with an internet penetration rate of 78% in 2016) and analyse the operating environment that has supported a considerable penetration rate. Broadband technology which drives internet services delivery across the world, has a penetration rate of 21% in Nigeria, with a projected 30% broadband penetration by 2018.
In our report, we highlight major challenges facing the Industry and how regulation has impacted the performance of Industry operators. We have also narrowed our analysis to the operations of these players, evaluating their business strategies and how successful these approaches have been over the years.